Re: [OM] yellow glow in flash photo

Subject: Re: [OM] yellow glow in flash photo
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:27:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/99 11:19:03 AM EST, cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My guess is that the flash to subject distance was too great or you
 did not let the flash charge enough between shots
 so the shutter stayed open long enough too give proper exposure.
 You are seeing the long exposure of the stage lights.

 Charlie L.

I agree with Charlie's evaluation. It may also be a problem where your camera
did not set to flash synch speed and you're getting an ambient light exposure
with a flash pop whether full, partial, or full with too great a working
distance. Sometimes you'll get a very useful and interesting effect; but not
too interesting when you are expecting a straight flash shot. Then again, if
the stage light was facing your lens, you may just have a flare effect.

George S.