[OM] New olympus Slr

Subject: [OM] New olympus Slr
From: John Gettis <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:05:12 -0700
While checking out the Range finder Magazine web site I ran across this
and thought the list might be interested.
"Since then Olympus has shown a mockup of a new SLR digital still camera
with a
             2.5 million pixel 2¼3-inch CCD. Olympus released no further
details on the
             C-2500L camera other than to say it will cost about $2000
and go on sale in the
             summer. It is built in a much more rugged box-like camera
body than the current
             Olympus D620L camera. Considering how good this camera is
at the present time,
             the new model must obviously be substantially better to
warrant a doubling in
             price. I am even more convinced that soon one will be able
to buy a $2000 digital
             camera that does as good a job as the current $15,000 and
up cameras. "
Any one interested  here is a link to the whole article although there
is not much more.
http://www.rangefinder-network.com/magazine/p44_0599.html
John Gettis