Re: [OM] In praise of 50mm (was 50/1.8 as loupe)

Subject: Re: [OM] In praise of 50mm (was 50/1.8 as loupe)
From: "gary edwards" <maitani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:50:45 PDT
Well said, Morgan, Barry, and the inimitable Doris! It has been said that the standard 50 mm lens is the sharpest, fastest lens for the money that you will ever buy. Check out Gary R's tests, and the going prices for a 50/1.8. Then look at the work of some of the great photojournalists. The 50 mm focal length may not be for you, but you should try one before you decide. And, you young standard zoom users, just wait a few years and try to focus your zoom on a tough, dim subject at f/3.5 or 4.

Gary Edwards