Re: [OM] Oly ad - Wall St. Journal

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly ad - Wall St. Journal
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 23:10:05 -0400
Reminds me of a recent pro golf tourney I shot.  I'm shooting all the guys
teeing off for the final round and this fella walks up to me - a course
official.  As my mind raced to think of what arcane rule I could possibly be
breaking (there's a vast number of rules surrounding a golf, most of which
are unwritten!) he asked me what camera I was using.  I tilted my OM-4T
toward him and said "Olympus OM".  His eyes lit up and he smiled broadly.
As we conversed between shots (one never speaks during a shot I learned), it
turned out he used Oly years ago, sold it off for auto-focus everything and
regretted it ever since.  Funny thing though, he said that mine was the
first Olympus he'd seen in all those years and remarked how good it was to
see they were still around.  I grinned all day :)

PS. four shots from that day were published, one on the front page.  Not bad
for and old guy with old, manual focus lens, add-on motor, dino (the camera,
not me....yet)
John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx> remarked: