Re: [OM] I'm off to California and then Scotland for a month. Advice?

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm off to California and then Scotland for a month. Advice?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:33:55 GMT
On 21 May 1999 15:41:55 +1000, Christopher Biggs
<chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In Scotland we spend a week in Fife (based near Cupar, with side trips
>to Edinburgh and the Cairngorms) with some cow-orkers (the whole trip
>is a company motivational bonus).  Then we strike out on our own for 6
>more days, staying at Drumnadrochit (2 nights, near Inverness), John
>O'Groats, Orkney (2 nights) and Fort Williom, flying out of Edinburgh
>on July 2.
>
>Any pointers on must-see places, must-take gear, and suchlike would be
>much appreciated.
>
>Chris.

What you will certainly need in Scottish coatal areas will be
protection from biting midges - or you won't be able to use your
Olympus gear at all around sunset ;-)

So take along the most concentrated form of DEET you can find.
OTOH be careful, because contact with DEET-ed skin may harm your
Olympus equipment, especially the plastic and leatherette parts.

See also http://www.roberth.u-net.com/Culicoides.htm

Enjoy your trip!

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.