Re: [OM] I'm off to California and then Scotland for a month. Advice?

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm off to California and then Scotland for a month. Advice?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 May 1999 15:36:38 +1000
Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> Just watch out for that Lonesome Pine (or is it Cypress), don't get caught
> taking a picture of it -- it is a copyrighted image :-).  And they WILL
> take your film away (at least they did at one time).

Yeah. I heard about that on photo.net.   Land of the free, eh? :-/

> Sounds like Chris works for SCO -- trust me, there is norhing around the
> SCO HQ in Monterey.  Might as well spend all your spare time taking
> pictures.

Oh, Goddess no!  I work for Stallion Technologies (admittedly, the CEO
is an ex-SCO salesguy from Carmel, hence the location of our US
office).  The company was founded right here in Austrlalia by a trio of
engineers from Brisbane.  If you've read _dilbert_, you know how I live.

> As for buying film, it is readily available here.  You can buy it in any
> super market or drug store.  So unless you plan to use a LOT of film or
> you need some special type, I'd say spend the money and buy it here
> (besides, the California economy can always use some infusion of foreign

Ektachrome and T-MAX for the OMs.  Superia for the point-and-shoots.

Thanks Dan ('n all).

cjb

--
 chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, when he visits the Real World, is Christopher J. Biggs
 Impossible Software Engineering,  Stallion Technologies, Brisbane Australia.