[OM] Re: [OM] I'm off to California and then Scotland for a month.  Advi

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM] I'm off to California and then Scotland for a month.  Advice?
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 15:43:59 +0200
Chris,

Don't miss Point Lobos, with some luck and patience (not very much) you'll
encounter the sea otters, though they're often far out at sea (binoculars).
If you want to photograph them, be equipped with at least a 400mm lens. Be
careful with your equipment, there can be as much as 15 minutes between the
big waves, and these will completely drench you and your camera.
There's tons of (other) photo opportunities at Point Lobos, rocks, boulders,
sea stars, urchins at low tide etc, unfortunately the gates are not opened
until 9 AM and closed around 5 PM so you can't be there at prime time,
light-wise, that is.

And if I were to go again, I' wouldn't miss Clint Eastwoods bar in Carmel!

Hope this helps

Ulf Westerberg who will be visiting your city (Brisbane) in mid-August
Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg