Re: [OM] Oly items in London

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly items in London
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 15:26:19 +0100
Angelo -

I'd echo Keith's suggestion that you pick up a copy of Amateur
Photographer, something I  just tried to do but inexplicably couldn't find
one!  Anyway, here's some suggestions from a back issue old which will give
you some idea of what's likely to be available (prices in pounds, www/email
included if known):

Lee's Cameras, Holborn (0171 831 6060) www.leescameras.demon.co.uk
OM1 body: 139
OM10 Manual Adapter: 25
Olympus 35RC: 49

Fieldgrass+Gale, SW18 (0181 870 7611) fieldgrass@xxxxxxxxxxx
OM3 body, black: 595
28/2.8: 42
28/2: 295
75-150/4 w/case+box: 55

Nicholas, Camden (0171 916 7251)
A good selection, but "please phone for low clearance prices"

London Camera Exchange, The Strand (0171 379 0200) www.Lcegroup.co.uk
No Oly advertised, but they do normally have a useful stock

Vic Oddens of London Bridge (0171 407 6833)
Again, none advertised but they generally have a good s/h stock

Any branch of Jessops or Tecno will usually have plenty of s/h stock.  Try
www.jessops.co.uk and www.tecno.co.uk   Both have several London stores

If you fancy a day at the seaside, Ffordes of Southend are worth a look
(01702 335212)  They always have a good selection and are a reliable
company (much personal experience!)
OM4Ti body only: 395
OM2SP body only: 135
OM1n chrome: 110 - 165
50/1.2 : 150
50/2 macro: 375
180/2.8: 399
300/4.5: 225

In short, there are a lot of possible places for you to go looking!  If you
are prepared to travel outside London, I'd recommend MXV (www.mxv.co.uk)
and Shutters (www.shutters.dircon.co.uk/cameras) both of which are in Sussex.

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross, BSc, PhD, LRPS
Hemel Hempstead,
England

RH Designs - Innovative Electronics for the Darkroom
 *  http://www.nildram.co.uk/rhdesign  *
 *  mailto:richard @rhdesigns.nildram.co.uk  *

FIRST EXPOSURE
The MonoGroup's photographic exhibition.
 *  http://www.rhdesigns.nildram.co.uk * for details!