Re: [OM] I need a new camera - suggestions???

Subject: Re: [OM] I need a new camera - suggestions???
From: CHAMOTUR@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:09:10 EDT
Man, I agree with "ClassicVW".  I was visiting China some years ago with a
buddy Photog.  He was warned not to take pictures of an event in a small
village, but he was "TOO WISE".  Before our state guide could inervene he was
severely beaten and his gear (Hassy) completely destroyed. It was insured,
but he wasn't. He was laid up for the rest of the trip and thensome.  When he
got back to the states, he filed a claim and had a devil of time collecting
anything because of the "unusual" circumstances.  He tried to hide the Hassy
under his jacket and shoot.  You have to remember, in some places we are just
as much a curiousity to them, as they are to us; and they inspect us quite
closely.