[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #932

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #932
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 13:06:17 -0700
Tomoko,

I have both the OM4 and OM2s.  The OM4 has never done this. The OM2s use
to do it all of the time. I started using a different brand of silver
batteries....Kodak instead of Duracell and the problem appears to have
stopped.  Also using the camera for long periods of time will solve the
problem.  I was told by a Oly tech in California a few years ago that
this problem existed on some of the OM2s cameras and that one needs to
"warm up the circuits" before shooting.  Back then they offered to
replace a board for about $70.00, but I did not send the camera in.
Lately its been fine.

Phillip Franklin