Re: [OM] Limited OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Limited OM content
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:24:48 -0400
The one thing I didn't see that you packed was ear protection.  I hope that
was just an oversight in the list and in fact you did have good ear plugs or
muffs.  Most classes are tolerable, but the upper echelon classes - top
fuel, funny car and pro stock, can, and will, cause hearing damage.  They
are so loud and voilent your entire body vibrates when they launch.

I always take my 20mm to races.  I was once allowed to stand in the staging
area, between the cars at the starting line.  The 20's wide field of view
neatly took in both cars at the very start, front wheels lifting and the
rears churning smoke.  Neat point of view :).  However, the noise is
unbearable and it is a rather dangerous location.  I've seen cars lose it
and tear out the christmas tree.  No fun.

Good luck avoiding lawn mowing again......I'm not so fortunate.  That's next
for me :(
John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".