Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 17:32:32 -0500 (CDT)
35 - got my first Olympus in 1979  - an OM-10. My best 2 buddies in
school got a Nikon FM-2 and an OM-2n with a motor drive. I was
terribly jealous. I fixed that the next year, giving the OM-10 to my
folks, and joining the ranks of full manual snobs by buying an OM-1n.
Shot with that and the 50/1.8 that came with it for a good 15 years
before it occurred to me that automatic anything could be good or
that there might be other focal lengths. FWIW, I was a staunch
traditionalist about film, too. Shot slides and Tri-X almost
exclusively. But I managed to take some great climbing and nature
shots with that Olymposaurus Rex!

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel