Re: [OM] Limited OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Limited OM content
From: dhurley@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 01:05:58 -0500
On Sun, 23 May 1999 17:02:41 -0700 (PDT) Acer Victoria
<siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
><snip>
>>rolls of film, even spare batteries, tossed them all in my WWII
>surplus
>>gas mask bag
>
>       Gadzooks! All that in a gas mask bag? How big are those
>buggers?

Well it had to hold the old style mask, much bulkier then current models,
plus it has pockets for spare filter canisters and assorted accessories,
plus it is all canvas, no padding, will take on the shape of whatever you
can stuff in it and still close the lid.

>>slipped on my photo vest, put a six pack of Coke in the
>>pockets, (They don't allow food or drink to be brought in.  They
>always
>>check back packs and bags, the photo vest looks official?, hasn't
>been
>>checked in 10 years!) hopped in the truck, swung by Subway, picked up
>>foot long sub (had it packaged as two 6 incher's; fits the vest
>pockets
>>better that way) and headed to the track, got there about 10:30.
>Ticket
>
>       OK, now, how the **** did you fit a sixpack of soda and a
>foot
>long sub IN A VEST ON PERSON?! You've gotta be some sort of huge
>Viking to
>get all that on person and then carry it to boot!

Easy, 19 pockets to chose from!  And it gets lighter as the day goes on.
Viking?  Six foot, 265 lbs, a very very young 51 years old, no Norse
blood that I know of, but I have tossed a few hay bales around over the
years (as few as possible), and am active outdoors.  I am probably in
better shape than height and weight would indicate.(My Doctor did ask me
who I got to take my last treadmill test for me)  Seriously, you would be
surprised at how much weight you can carry in a vest all spread out
instead of in a bag over one shoulder.  For me the bag is only there
cause the vest is full of emergency rations.  :-)  By the end of the day,
the rations are depleted and most of the bag has found its way into the
vest pockets.  In fact, anything left in the bag at the end of the day
might just get left at home on the next shoot of a similar nature.

Daryl Hurley