Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 08:29:58 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/99 9:25:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> When did each of us discover Olympus or re-discover Olympus?

I'm 35 years old, and I'm a Zuikoholic.

I first got interested in photography in the mid 70's, when my dad dusted off
his old Olympus 35S meterless rangefinder. Great little camera, and great
learning tool (wish I could find it)!. Pretty soon I wanted to get a camera
of my own, and decided to stick with Olympus.  I bought my first OM-1 (used)
in 1977 from Central Photo in Huntington, NY, along with the prerequisuite
50/1.8 (SC chrome nose). Shortly thereafter I added a Vivitar 283 and an MC
200/4. Shot lots of film through high school and college, and then my
interest waned for a while. It was rekindled in 1988 when I took a job behind
the counter of a specialty photo shop in upstate NY. I only worked there for
3 months, but by the time I left I had added an OM-2S, 50/1.8, Vivitar
75-205/3.8-4.8 (all used), and a new 50/1.4 and winder 2. I then moved to RI
and ended up with a 100/2, 28-48/4, 35-70/4 (all new), soon to be followed by
an OM-4 and another 50/1.8 (of course)!

My Zuikoholicsm seems to periodically go into remission then return (does
anyone else experience this phenomenon?). Each time it comes back it seems to
be exponentially more intense. Fortunately this list helps tremendously in
dealing with this affliction, and in the year I've been here I have added a
2x-A, T20, Recordata Back 4, 28/2.8, and a 24/2, plus a boatload of
accessories (screens, cables, etc...). Most of this was bought used from list
members.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island, USA