Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:56:24 -0400
>>  Sorry, just had to jump in here...

who you are," I would like to ask, what's the point of winning?

  It seems to me to be more interesting to choose a theme (or not) and
have people send in contributions which people can comment on.  Voting
is like a democracy...is art a democratic process?>>

No need to be sorry, even if I disagree :-)

The point of winning is recognition from one's peers, that's all. It feels
good. Voting also forces the voter to analyze more closely why s/he likes a
specific photo. Therefore it is good for the voter and the votee. How's
that for democracy? Everyone feels good! lol!

All IMHO and I'm happy to go with the flow...

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and immersive imaging at