Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: Re: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: "Wayne Harrison" <wayno@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:44:31 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: dhurley@xxxxxxxx <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, May 24, 1999 4:04 AM

>On Sun, 23 May 1999 20:16:59 EDT MorrisMini@xxxxxxx writes:
>>Hi All,
>>51 here. Sheesh, I feel like a geezer.  No comments, ya
>>whippersnappers..........

    oh, well, allow me to make you feel better.  i am a 57 year old criminal
trial lawyer from north carolina.  i began my photographic pursuits back in
the early 70s, using first konica t models, then pentax mx, then nikon fe.
i can still remember how disappointed i was to discover that the hexanons
were at least as good as any nikkor i ever owned.  i often played around
with oms at the local shop, but the shutter speed on the lens kind of put me
off.  wonderful feel, though.
    i stopped being serious about the hobby in the mid 80s traded everything
in on canon 600 series af, and just treaded water until a year or so ago.
first tried a canon a2, and got tired of having to re-read the damn
instruction manual everytime i went on a shoot.  got into nikons, fm2, fe,
fg; lots of nikkors.  they were fine, but i kept glancing at the om4ti with
the multiple spot feature.  decided to try the legendary german goods, went
with contax, three or four zeiss lenses.  they are great pieces of glass;
but their metering...i kept glancing at the om4ti.
    finally, after a long talk with the manager of the local "serious
shooters shop", i went with the 4ti and a 35-80/2.8.  the first roll of
velvia absolutely knocked me out.  three more bodies (two 1s and a 10) and
several lenses later, and i get crazier every day.
    you know what the sweetest subjective part of olympumania is, for me?
the feel and sound of the shutter release on the om1.
    i will never need autofocus.  i don't take pictures of children at play,
and i have always been able to prefocus sport shooting.  so, looks like i'll
be hanging around the list for the duration.

    good hunting
wayne harrison