Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #938

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #938
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:44:42 -0500
On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 09:40:28AM -0700, Jan Steinman wrote:
> Yes, but how about calling it "normal lens category," and allowing 40mm
> through 55mm? Or do we really want to limit it to precisely 50mm lenses?

I like this idea, especially since I have a 55/1.2...but this brings up
another question: Do we limit the 50 macros to some maximum magnification?
ISTM that the idea of a normal lens category is to encourage people to see
what they can do with the normal focal length, and the macrophotography
world is another thing entirely. (Since I've got a 50/2 macro, this one
affects me, too...)

Another peripheral question: Is teh 40 more like a 35 or more like a 50 in
perspective? Since I haven't felt the need to get one at the boutique prices
they tend to command, I can't answer this directly. If it's more of a wide
angle, I'd lean toward making it a 50-55 category.