[OM] Have a 2n, worth om 2000 backup?

Subject: [OM] Have a 2n, worth om 2000 backup?
From: "Jeff Borenstein" <jsb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:00:46 -0400
Hello All,
    I just posted a very question to rec.photo...35m and rec.photo.misc but
i just recently signed up for this list.  Anyways, here goes,

Hello,
    I am 16 year old aspiring photographer.  My dad has an old Olympus Om
2n, a 50mm 1.8 lens, 28 f3.5 lens, 135 3.5 lens, 80 - 200 lens (sigma), 35 -
70 (sigma), flash, etc.  I will be taking photo 1 next year in high school,
and I am going to Costa Rica this summer and am really looking forward to
some great picture opportunities.  My question is,  the om 2000, reasonably
priced around 150 dollars worth getting to backup my 2n? Or even become the
main body???  The 2n is a great little camera, but it's old and I really
wouldn't want it to bail on me this summer or next year for school.  Even
though it appears to be in excellent condition, would I gain anything (spot
/ avg metering) to make it a worth while body addition?  Am I better off not
even bothering with anyother body? Any thoughts as to if it's worth
investing in one with all those lenses and accessories I already have?
Thanks a lot for your input,

-