Re: [OM] Lens adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens adapters
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 May 1999 09:56:18 +1000
Emil Pozar <epozar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> It is not possible to use any ordinary M42 lenses on OM bodies because
> of different (too big) flange_to_film distance.

The difference is only about half a millimetre, so you might just get
away with it (using hyperfocus instead of infinity focus).  I hear
that some very low profile adaptors fit *inside* the OM mount, giving
correct mounting distance for M42.

My adaptor is about 12mm deep and includes a corrective lens.  I'm
still curious as to whether Rand's has a lens or not.

cjb.

--
| Christopher Biggs email:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Linux: The choice of a GNU  |
| Stallion Technologies, Queensland, Australia |        Generation.          |