Re: [OM] Olympus M-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus M-1
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:56:08 EDT
Gary S. wrote:

<< Recently, I got lucky and acquired a nice Olympus M-1 body.  It's
 pretty good cosmetically, though far from mint, and is in dire need
 of a little TLC (well, more like a CLA :-)).

 Does anyone know, or have a good reference for me, exactly how many
 M-1's were made/sold before Olympus was forced to change the name to
 OM-1?  Any input will be appreciated.

 Also, does anyone have any M-System (as opposed to OM-System) Zuiko
 lenses they'd like to sell/trade ?  Pls advise. >>

Gary, sorry for the delay. I have a 100mm/f2.8 "M-SYSTEM" lens that I
recently retired and put into storage, (Fort Knox). I wanted to share with
you the s/n to give you an idea of how many might be out there. It took some
doing to get the Fort Knox people to let me have it back, so that's why I'm
late in answering your post. The s/n on my lens is 101215, so we know that at
least twelve hundred or so were made and released. I discovered that it was
an "M-SYSTEM" lens after using it for a couple of years. It was then put away
with the thought that I might just run across an "M" body to go with it. No
luck so far.
Maybe others that have "M-SYSTEM" components will share their S/N's for the
whole group to know.

Good luck in your search. --- Paul Connet