RE: [OM] Age Data

Subject: RE: [OM] Age Data
From: "Higgins, Michael (Ex AS01)" <MHiggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:11:14 +1000
My name is Michael and I'm a relatively young 27.  I got into OM and
photography at about he age of 15 when my mother bought me a black
OM2-n,50mm (on the advice of my great uncle) and 35-200mm zoom, prior to a
family trip to Nepal.  From that time until mid last year I was basically
just taking a few holiday snaps here and there.  Last year I moved to Sydney
from Perth (Australia) and found the new environment to be quite stimulating
in lots of ways including photographically.  I also found a few of my
friends getting into photography, and started to shoot more and more rolls.
My beloved OM2n was lost at my birthday party last year when the jetty we
were standing on collapsed, and I was missing it so badly that I went out
and bough an OM2000 almost immediately.  I was also very lucky to be given
my great uncle's gear shortly after that.  (OM2 + a couple of zooms).

I love the process of taking photos, and the excitement of getting the film
back, most of the time I have a quick glance at the prints and file them
away is a cupboard.  Occasionally I single one out and get it enlarged and
put in my Album.  In don't think taking the photo wound be half as
interesting without a manual film camera, and I think my attachment to
manual cameras is stronger than my attachment to the OM system, but this
list is doing it's best to change that!