Re: [OM] Olympus M-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus M-1
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:49:05 EDT
Gary wrote:

<<  Does anyone know, or have a good reference for me, exactly how many
  M-1's were made/sold before Olympus was forced to change the name to
  OM-1?  Any input will be appreciated.

I've checked about 5 Olympus sources I have and they either say nothing on
the date, or they say the M-1 came out in 1973 and then was changed the same
year, but most say the M-1 debuted at Photokina 1972 and was changed to the
OM-1 in the spring of 1973. So, one would have to figure out the date of
Photokina 1972 and also answer the question was it put right into production
and what was the rate of production and count up to spring 1973 to get a
guesstimate on the number, that is, if no one can actually find the answer.

George S.