[OM] Age Data, Was Non OM

Subject: [OM] Age Data, Was Non OM
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 23:32:12 -0700
Yes indeed 1947 was a very good year.

Started with a scale focus, non rangefinder 35mm while in the Air Force.
Only knew you had to read the directions in the film box and set everything
accordingly ( you should see the Kodachromes I have from '67) - seemed to
work. Finally bought a Practica L kit in '73 and fell in love with
photography. Added a darkroom for B&W and the odd Cibachrome. Saw the hype
on OM in '74 and finally bought an OM-1MD, black with 50mm 1.8 in '76. Soon
added a 100 2.8, 28  3.5. Tried an OM-10 as a back up body but never did
like it. Currently working with the original OM-1, 2n, 4, XA, Oly video cam
and a whole slew of Zuikos, winders, BGs etc etc.

Amazing thing is the few contest winners I have had over the years and the
magazine shots have all been shot with the original OM-1.

Like a lot of others the cameras were underutilized from the very early
80's til about three years ago. The film has been pounding through them
ever since.

This list is great, although my wife finds it a trifle expensive ( I've
added the 2n and a 300 4.5 in the last six months) as I keep finding out
about great stuff I don't have. I too am a Zuikoholic.

Barry H