RE: [OM] Re: Image Contest

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Image Contest
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 05:07:00 -0400
Hi Brian:

I agree with your entire list and thank you for putting it together. But I must
STRONGLY disagree with the following:

>>7. to minimize discrepancies in uploading image, print or slide should be
scanned by one person alone, unadulterated through electronic means;
preferably, person hosting competition should scan and upload images; send
COPY of slide or print to him/her;>>

a. That puts a huge workload on the administrator.
b. Sooner or later, images will go astray.

I for one do NOT want to be mailing my best images around. Nor do I want to
make slide dupes or print copies. And our international members will be even
more inconvenienced.

This is only a little informal thing. Let everyone scan their own images and
let's not get too crazy about if someone breakes the rules and adds 10cc orange
to a sunset. Waht should happen is that everyone must submit in the same
format: 600 pixels height/width by the appropriate dimension, 72dpi, jpg.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at