RE: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: RE: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 19:56:13 +0800

> Even 75K is pretty big and slow.  I found out when I did my site that
> good thumbnails can be 5K or less, larger pix look god at 20-60k
> depending on their complexity.  My suggestion is to decide on
> a size and
> resolution and jpg type (low, med high) and let the actual size fall
> where it may.

Sounds good to me.  What I have been doing is scaling so that the longest
side of the image is 600 pixels and letting the other fall where it needs to
(around 400 for an uncropped 35mm frame).  For thumbnails I scale the
longest side to 100 pixels.  The size of the jpeg file varies considerably,
but we need to accept that.  See my site below for some examples.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/