Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:21:16 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/99 6:40:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  What about those who do not have scanners? How will they submit?
>

>  That's a good question. I have only a flatbed, so can ony scan slides
>  I've made prints of.  There are commercial ways to get scanning done,
>  but will one want to pay extra to get submissions? There's also photo
>  CD.  Probably other ways as well.

There are two ways I've had images scanned. I have no scanner at home, but
I'll run down to the local Kinko's and scan prints on their flatbed. They
charge $10 an image to do it for you, or $0.40/min to use the scanner.
Usually I can get 6-8 decent raw scans in about 20 mins.

For snapshots, I frequently send them to Mystic Photo for processing (it's
really a local lab for me). They charge $4.95 a roll to scan the entire roll.
You then download them from their website.

Hope thi shelps,

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island