Re: [OM] film rewinding trouble...

Subject: Re: [OM] film rewinding trouble...
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 01:04:27 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Hans van Veluwen

>I've had an OM-2n for a short while that didn't lock its rewind release
>button. You had to keep it in its unlock position while rewinding otherwise
>it would jump back and the film could be damaged...the camera shop
>repairman claimed it was a feature >and couldn't (or wouldn't) repair it
>so I insisted on a money refund.

My first OM-1n was like that. I sent it to Olympus UK under guarantee
and it came back to me exactly the same! My current OM-2n has also
done it since new - I've become so accustomed to holding the button
over while rewinding that this is the first time I've thought about it as
a "problem." My 'new' OM40's rewind button stays down until I operate
the winder - quite a novelty!

Regards,
Keith (Birmingham, UK)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx