Re: [OM] Have a 2n, om 2000 worth adding?

Subject: Re: [OM] Have a 2n, om 2000 worth adding?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 01:38:52 EDT
Jeff writes:

> I've seen some om2n's on ebay with the 50m lens for mid 100 to
>  upper 100.  Anyone happen to have a spare 2n kicking around?  :)

Yup, plus a slew of OM-1n and OM-1 's, but the metering is off on every one
of them (and the shutters on some).  At the retail price for an overhaul, it
doesn't make sense to overhaul them.  So I'm stockpiling them for 1) better
market prices, or 2) till I learn to tweak them myself, 3) to replace the
ones I wear out from use, and/or 4) till I find a deal on getting them
tweaked.

Be careful about judging a buy on cosmetic condition alone.  Unless the
seller says the shutter and exposure metering is within specs and the foam is
intact, you should, in my humble opinion, assume otherwise on a OM-1/2 family
camera body.  I just sold the only OM-1(n) I have ever bought used that was
within specs and with good foam.  Unfortunately, with all the out of spec
cameras being sold, a within spec example gets little additional attention.
I should know, since I unsuccessfully offered it here first - at a penny more
than the run of the mill price it eventually sold for.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV