[OM] A Zukiholic with a new film scanner

Subject: [OM] A Zukiholic with a new film scanner
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 02:29:48 -0700
To all die hard neg film fans,

May your next purchase be a reasonable quality film scanner.  I just got
my hands on a new Minolta Quick Scan 35 Plus and its allowing me to
appreciate some of my old negatives as never before.  This baby loves
that neg film especially the ASA 25.  I'm seeing things that the mini
labs forgot to print.  Wow those old Zuiko lens are even sharper than I
realized.  Scan the negs at about 2880 dpi and you'll re-discover 35mm
photography.
Scanning slides takes a litle more practice with this machine.  Contrast
builds much faster and also I'm used to seeing my slides (shot for
clients ofcourse) scanned on a $100,000 Crossfield Drum Scanner.
However I've never had to many negs scanned except to an occasional
Kodak Photo CD and the quality was never that impressive.  However I
really enjoy this little Minolta scanner for these negs.  It's going to
be fun & inexpensive to have my Kodak Gold processed for $2.95 for 36
exposure roll.  Long live Kodak Gold & the inexpensive film scanners.
Digital cameras have a very long way to come. Zuikos still rule.

Phillip Franklin