RE: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T

Subject: RE: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:42:45 -0500
>Just my 2 cents from an engineering point of view.
>Anyone want to go down this road?

I think I'll stick with really long exposures and beanbags.  If you use a
longer exposure the percentage of the exposure affected by shutter shake is
minimized.  In my cameras, the "No Zone" is 1/8-1/15 of a second.  Any
shorter and I'm ok, and any longer and I'm ok.

With the MLU on the OM-1, I'm not convinced that it really helps much.
Compared to most any other SLR, the OMs have the smoothest shutters/mirrors
around.  I'll take an OM-4Ti or OM-2S with no MLU over any Canon with MLU.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306