RE: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T

Subject: RE: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:55:26 -0500
Actually, I do have a positive comment to add to this discussion:

The self timer switch on my OM-2S (and I will assume the 4T is the same)
operates in the following way:

1.  You move it over to the side to initiate self timer mode.
2.  You press the shutter release.
3.  Mirror goes up
4.  Wait, wait, wait, wait
5.  Shutter fires.
6.  You move the self timer switch back over to the off position

Now, if you just so happen to move the self timer switch back to the off
position DURING step 4, it will skip the rest of the time remaining and
trigger the shutter.

Now, my recommendation for a modification to the circuitry would be to
replace or substitute the self-timer switch with an external switch that
can be turned on and off without touching the camera!

For the electronically inclined, a person could create a circuit that would
turn the self-timer on, trigger the shutter release and then turn the
self-timer off after a second or so.

Ken (just wasted a frame testing this) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306