Re: [OM] Re: Exposure meter corrections

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Exposure meter corrections
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 07:59:25 -0700
Yes this is a timely discussion.  I too have been having some problems with
my OM 1n.  After I post this I'm going outside to test the meter again, but
my feeling is that it is pretty close (judging by my constant attempt to
prefigure exposures using the sunny 16 rule).  I'll also test it against my
OM 2n.

But the related issue question I wanted to raise is about shutter speeds.
Lately I've been doing more hand held shooting w/ my big and bulky
80-200/2.8, which necessitate speeds of 500/1000.  But the negs I've been
printing are quite thin--compared to those shot with shorter lenses at
slower speeds.  Logically I would expect the opposite to be the case but no.
Is it possible that the fast speeds are even faster than they should be?  If
not I'll have to go back to the drawing board/darkroom and recallibrate my
brain.

glen