Re: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 00:16:24 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Norton

>(snip)
>With the MLU on the OM-1, I'm not convinced that it really helps much.
>Compared to most any other SLR, the OMs have the smoothest shutters/mirrors
>around.  I'll take an OM-4Ti or OM-2S with no MLU over any Canon with MLU.

I just came across a 1983-ish article I'd torn out of Modern Photography;
Keppler's
Notebook, where he said that the OM2 was the first serious s.l.r. to do away
with
mirror lock-up and they suspected that the air dampers wouldn't be effective
enough.
They removed their microscope camera and fitted an OM2 in its place but
found no
evidence of the mirror operation affecting the sharpness of the results.

Regards,
Keith (Birmingham, UK)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx