Re: [OM] Have a 2n, om 2000 worth adding?

Subject: Re: [OM] Have a 2n, om 2000 worth adding?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 02:22:20 EDT
John H. writes:

> How do you know all the 1/1Ns on Ebay are out of adjustment?  Just
>  wondering.

I didn't say "on ebay."  I'm talking about wholesale acquisitions.  I've
never bought anything for myself on ebay.

I know they are out of specs because I check them all with the bench test
equipment at Bill Rogers Camera in Las Vegas (ebay user ID: brcamera).  The
non-linear errors in the OM 1 and 2 meters are real frightening since they
can't be adjusted for with simple film speed compensation.

So, has anyone bought an OM-1 or OM-2 on ebay that tested within
specifications?

John, you are more pessimistic/picky about foam condition in OM 1 and 2 's
than I.  Personally I let them go until 1) the goo starts accumulating on the
mirror and/or 2) the film back leaks light.  Of course, gobs of goo on the
lip of the film back door is pretty disgusting, too.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV