RE: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG

Subject: RE: [OM] Age Data was Non-OM, Non-NG
From: "Stephen Border" <sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 19:24:25 +1000
I'm 39 and I'm a Zuikoholic. :-)

My first Olympus was a Trip 35 at about age 11, saved my pocket money for
months. A very capable camera considering it's price, but as I learnt more I
hankered for more control of the process. I had a Christmas holiday job in
75/76 and just managed to make enough in six weeks to get an OM1 with a 50mm
f1.8 (still going). By this time I was bulk loading and processing my own
B&W and my bedroom reeked of processing chemicals. Maybe this is why I'm a
little on the short side :-)

My next body was an OM10 shortly after their initial release, not in the
same league as the OM1 but it provided good service for many years, before
falling victim to my interest in photographing caves. There were a few
competent but not spectacular third party lenses bought in the intervening
years. In 86 I bought an OM2Sp and a 28mm f2.8 Zuiko while my OM1 went for
repair and the 28mm immediately became my "standard". This served as my main
setup until 96 when I added a secondhand OM4 and 24mm f2.8 Zuiko, now my
favourite combo.

Since then I've bought secondhand an OM10, OM10Q, OM30 and 2 OM40's along
with a Winder 1 & 2, 2 T20's and a T32. I now have a hankering for anything
with the Zuiko label especially in the wide angles. I don't really need
anymore bodies, although I have little doubt that if the price is right I
will buy more ;-)

Stephen