Re: [OM] I need a new camera - suggestions? G2 comments

Subject: Re: [OM] I need a new camera - suggestions? G2 comments
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:56:40 -0400
Alexander,
>I have the G1 and G2 and every single lenes, It is nature's course for
>us zuikoholics to go that way. Eh? Denton T.?????
>Contax is the future, it is what Olympus Should and could have been,
>but it is NOT. Contax is the future of Olympus. Superb optics, superb
>cameras.... Try the new Aria... Bye Bye Oms for me....
>Strangely enough, I had asked a few years back about were Olympians
>would go If their system died (which it unfortunaley has "died"). The
>vast majority did say Contax, I after I said my point of view... Leica
>is too expensive.... Zeiss lenses have a magic of their own.

I'm still struggling with this. I do phtography for my own enjoyment,
which includes the way the camera behaves in my hands. The OM-4T was
instantaneous repore the minute I held it. The zeiss lenses do take
nice pictures. On the other hand, lenses for the G2 won't do the
telephoto and closeup things. Also, (and I am working with my therapist
on this) I feel a little adulterous every time I use the G2. The G2 has
it's place. This past weekend, I tried my friends IS-1 and 3 cameras.
Even though they were Olympus, they felt very foreign to me. When/If I
retire the OM's (and you folks will be the first to know), I can't see
using the newer Olympus cameras. I'm tend to agree with you, and it
makes me sad... As to which camera, I think learning how to see is
still my major bottleneck, while pleasure is my guide. Contax may very
well be the future. The OM's still give me pleasure.

Wayne