Re: [OM] Use Series 2 or Beattie screens with OM-1n or 2n?

Subject: Re: [OM] Use Series 2 or Beattie screens with OM-1n or 2n?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:06:19 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/99 12:31:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I've heard and read several threads regarding the new 2-x screens. My
>  questions:
>
>  1. Is it true that they will give unpredictable meter readings on an OM-1
>  and OM-2?  Or is it just that a physical modification is required to get
>  them to fit?

My understanding is that the 2-x screens induce a linear error in the meter
reading which can be compensated for (of course then the readings with the
1-x screens will be off). I think the error is about 1/2 stop. In the OM-2 on
auto the displayed shutter speed will be off, but the exposure will be
correct.

>  2. Will Beattie screens also result in false meter readings on an OM-1?

Yes, I believe so.

>  3. I have a Beattie now, and love it on my OM-4.  Any comparisons between
>  the Beattie and Oly 2-x?

I have the 2-x (2-4 and 2-13) and love them. Never tried the Beattie.

Hope this helps.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA