Re: [OM] good-bye

Subject: Re: [OM] good-bye
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:10:16 GMT
Dear William,

However sorry I am about your decision - thanks for your
contributions.

You quit the list exactly for the same reason for which I (a long time
ago) stopped teaching math and phys in high schools.

I have kept teaching afterwards, to adults (meteorology,
professionally) and children in primary schools (the occasional
photography course).

I have learned that I could teach very well to people who
either are on the same intellectual level as I am or who don't know
anything but are very eager to learn and accept every bit of knowledge
you give them...

Unfortunately the majority of high school students does not belong to
either group - they mitakingly think they are knowledgeable about
everything themselves.

Maybe the same has happened here on the list, with you in the teaching
role and some (not many) list members being the high school students.

Thanks, and good luck.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.