RE: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T

Subject: RE: [OM] Timer Mod for OM-2S/OM-4T
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 18:27:18 +0200 (MET DST)
> >> I wonder what actually happens when one manually moves that switch back to
> >> the "home" position and brings the timer sequence prematurely to
> >> completion?  Is the electronic sequence actually accelerated to its
> >> end-point, or is it as though the sequence was never initiated in the first
> >> place (and so the shutter immediately fires)?
> >
> >The shutter fires immediately, taking the picture at the current exposure
> >mode.
> >
> >OMer
> >

> OMer,
>
> Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I know what happens sequentially, which is
> what you describe.  I want to know what happens causally to produce the
> result you describe.  That's what the second question is driving at.
>
> Joel Wilcox
> Iowa City, Iowa USA

Oh.. I see... In fact, the self timer is an electrical counter that
releases the already triggered shutter. The default state of that flip
flop counter is "reset". That's why the shutter is released normally as
soon as you press the shutter button. When it is in the self timer mode, the
reset mode is delayed with a countdown, and when you manually change the
countdown state to "reset" with your finger.. well.. it resets. No fast
countdownd or anything.

At least this is what we do for the timer electronics experiments in the
labs, and it seems logical. Otherwise, I haven't looked at the circuitry
of an OM4(T).

OMer