Re: [OM] good-bye

Subject: Re: [OM] good-bye
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 20:32:30 GMT
You are absolutely right on the Vision Age point, David, and I was the
first one to 'reprimand' William for that behaviour - even pointing to
your generous behaviour in this field for comparison.

But in a few technical discussions William was merely stating correct
physics facts - and these should not be doubted in the way it happened
by people who are obviously less knowledgeable.

If I had been in William's shoes I would not have felt badly insulted
and consequently not seen any reason to quit the list, but I do
respect the point of view of someone who does feel that way.
William is obviously touchy (too touchy, I should say) but there are a
few among us list members who didn't do him right.

I did miss the musical discussion, because I have skipped the whole
thread as too much OT. To quote from the series you mention and which
I admire as one of the best ever made: 'Me know nothing'...

Anyway, let's get back to what the list was intended for IMHO:
exchanging views - preferably ON topic - in a friendly way,
sharing (!) knowledge without being pedantic,
and accepting that others might know better,
with room for the occasional funny story.

Frank van Lindert.