[OM] Good-bye. Me too.

Subject: [OM] Good-bye. Me too.
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:02:18 -0500
I can't believe that it has come to this, but I too will cease to
participate in this list.

Why?  Because it has been revealed, as of late, that most of you are Baby
Boomers with an attitude of "technogeekism."  That's right, technogeekism.
We Gen-Xers have a problem with that as we believe it is important to be
able to "deliver."  Sure, we spends thousands on our titanium skateboards,
skis, snowboards and mountain bikes and so forth, but we go all and
actually ride!  You Baby Boom Coots, on the other hand, are into all the
minor variations of the 50/1.8.  Rediculous, I tell you.

Furthermore, I'm offended.  In the "Age Data" post I put some terrific
humor in it.  Did I receive a single LOL comment?   Noooooooooooo!  I go
out of my way trying to induce some levity into this list and all the
thanks I get.

All this talk about Paul Simon, Mozart, etc., is really tiring.  Mozart is
DEAD and Paul Simon is a "has been."  The fact is, Simon's music is only
enjoyable if you are stoned--and trying desparitely to remember your lost
youth.  You baby boomers were so "anti-establishment" in your youth, but as
soon as you entered the workforce you became just like your parents.  Yes,
you, with your minivans.  Those minivans are just like the station wagons
your parents owned.  And don't tell me that they are "modern versions" of
the VW bus either.  Oh!  You drive SUVs?  Sure you do.  What a waste--you
are so careful to never get a scratch on your leased Ford Explorer, that
you never take it off the pavement.  What?  Dirt on your $35,000 vehicle?
For shame!  Go get your belly button pierced--then we'll talk.

What about the photo contest?  If you can't handle the criticism--don't
enter.  Besides, if you are that concerned about reviews by your peers your
pictures probably stink anyway.  Just try doing picture sales sometime.
You want to talk about a lesson in humility--try taking your portfolio to a
stock agency and watch them rip your photography apart, limb-from-limb.  Or
how about wedding photography where the only picture of "Favorite Aunt
Mimi" shows here picking ham out of her dentures?

I've decided, that this list has outgrown itself and must be split into a
list for you humourless old codgers and us Generation-Xers.  I should
create a new list called "Zuiko-X".  Participation requirements require
proof that you have at least one pierced body part other than the ear, and
that you have broken your clavicle in an Xtreme sport.  Furthermore, you
must NOT own any 50/1.8 lenses.  50/1.8 lenses and pocket protectors go
hand in hand.  Zuikoholics are not welcome in Zuiko-X.  Rule #1 is that you
must carry your ENTIRE OM kit with you at all times.

Now, let's stop sniping about our poor feelings being hurt and go out and
take pictures!

Come on, Vert.  Come on, Toky.  We need to go get our piercings now.

Ken <TIC> Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306