Re: [OM] 300mm/F2.8 US.Zuiko???

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm/F2.8 US.Zuiko???
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 09:31:25 GMT
George, I did some thinking and now I have probably discovered what
happened to your lens. You will not be happy to learn, so maybe you
had better stop reading here.

Some of the employees of the Zuiko factory certainly must have known
that M-SYSTEM lenses had a collector's value, rather than the common
OM-SYSTEM ones.

So they told each other that leaving out the first letter of the
combination OM-SYSTEM could bring them big money.

But what would have been the first letter to a Japanese....?

Your lens is a (failed) fraud item! Try to get rid of it soon, being a
law respecting US citizen! I would suggest to export it to Holland,
where I probably can get rid of it on your behalf. You know where to
send it (but please don't tell others)

Frank.