Re: [OM] Lens Test: 250mm f/2 Zuiko (hold on to your hats!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Test: 250mm f/2 Zuiko (hold on to your hats!)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:17:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/99 1:47:17 AM EST, PCACala@xxxxxxx writes:

<< 250mm f/2 Zuiko (multi-coated)
 Vignetting = C @ f/2, A- @ f/2.8, A @ f/5.6
 Distortion = None

        Gary,
        I almost couldn't believe those numbers! What a performance! I WANT
one!
        P.S.- This is something I wondered about for a long while-  I've been
a list  member only _after_ you started these fine lens tests, so I dunno if
it was ever     suggested, but hows about trying to include a representative
current price of the    lens that is tested. I know in some cases it would be
difficult if not near   impossible, but maybe if someone sends you a lens to
test, they would tell you       what they paid for it on the used market. I
know this wouldn't help if they bought  it in 1981, but with your knowledge
of OM system prices wouldn't it be possible     to some extent? At least a
price range for one in say- current average condition,  or " this lens in
mint condition would cost approximately...$$$"...This way,      when we see
one tested that we would like to own we'd know if the lens was in a     price
range we could afford. Not all of us have a good idea of used prices.
                Regards,
                George S.