Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors

Subject: Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:14:52 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Barry B. Bean <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, May 28, 1999 7:56 AM

>On Thu, 27 May 1999 21:17:37 -0700 (PDT), Acer Victoria wrote:
>
>>Hmm, sorry for being offtopic here, but any idea how to get vibrant color
>>prints? Film suggestions from fellow OMers who may have tested out
>>differnet emulsions? (for reference, I mean stuff like that's in _NG_.
>>There's LOTS of grain, so they must use high speed film, perhaps pushed,
>>but then, speed is inversely proportional to color (right?). Or do they
>>use slides, scan it, manipulate it and print it?)
>
>To the best of my knowledge, everything in NG is slide. But for
>Velvia-like prints, try Agfa Ultra 50. Beeyootiful colors, very fine
>grain, and great sharpness.
>
>BBB
>-

I shot two or three rolls of Ultra 50 of the autumn colours in south eastern
B.C. last year. Not one photo closely resembles the intensity or colour
saturation of the scenes being photgraphed! Unless one is looking for
extreme over colour saturation almost to the point of absurdity one might do
well to consider another colour negative film.

jh