Re: [OM] OM & NG: L-1011 Image available

Subject: Re: [OM] OM & NG: L-1011 Image available
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:15:11 -0400
Cc: siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Uh Oh, I mixed up my messages!   :-(   There was a post in the same thread
about a picture taken on the river with an 18/3.5.  As I look back in my
trash folder at that thread, it clearly states that the NG picture used a
24/2.8.   I stand corrected.

Yea, I was beat on the image availability.  I was out of town last week,
and when I got back, I didn't have a chance to go through the 1100 messages
that had been delivered from the Olympus, Leica, and Pen Collecting lists
that I subscribe to.  I only read this thread on Sunday, and didn't get to
the image retrieval until Tuesday.

What I had to do was to grab the screen image from the NG CD-ROM viewer in
4 pieces, bring it over into Corel PhotoPaint, and stitch the 4 images
together.   The 3 page format was what caused me problems.  I tried first
to create a .PDF, but the PDF-Writer created a two page .PDF file with the
first page containing a page-filling image of section 1, and the second
page having facing pages of sections 2 & 3.  I couldn't find a way to piece
them together all on one big page.

Well, just so the listers get to enjoy the images, that's the first
priority.  I stopped saving my NG's long ago.  I've been taking the
magazine since 1969 non-stop, but I ran out of room to keep the paper
copies.  The CD-ROM gives you ALL the copies, plus the ads, and the ability
to search, although it's not a full-text search.  I guess that the
full-text search would have been too big.  As it is, it's about 100Mg.

Skip