Re: [OM] Am I the only one body body?

Subject: Re: [OM] Am I the only one body body?
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:16:40 -0400
In <199905271940.MAA20940@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 05/27/99 at 08:44 PM,
   "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>I have several lenses to put on it, but just the one body.  I have
>always had more  of a desire for lenses rather than bodies and so have
>put my limited resources in  that direction.

We accumulate bodies when we retain the models we bought when new models
come out, and we're on salary and we budget for them. We begin to wonder
about this foolishness once we're retired.

The lenses seem to accumulate in much the same way. In my case, I balked
at the astronomical cost of the longer lengths and concentrated on the
macro ones. That was expensive enough!

'Course, some chaps like to carry more than one type of film or lens on
an expedition that may turn up differing kinds of picture opportunities,
which at least serves as a <justification> for having more than one
body.

I ignore the motivation of conspicuous consumption as being beneath
contempt, just in case there are any snobs around <wily smirk>.

les clark