Re: [OM] OM Semi Hard Case

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Semi Hard Case
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 23:01:34 +0000
At 23:01 5/28/99 , you wrote:
>I'm looking to pick p a new case for my Olympus 2n.  First off, is 17.50
>(thats for a new, unopened box) sound like an ok price?  I have no idea if
>these are available, and how much they cost.  Secondly, does anyone know if
>the one designed for dateback will fit a 2n body?  Thanks again!
>
>-Jeff

My experience has been that a single-digit OM semi-hard (never-ready) case
will fit any of the single-digit OM's with a standard 50mm lens.  My OM-4
lives in an ancient dark brown OM-1[n] case.  You can even wedge a
single-digit OM body into an OM-10 case although the ends are formed for
the OM-10, not the single-digit ones.  However the dimesions are so close
that it works.  Cannot speak about whether it works with the dateback,
though.  From what I've seen advertised by used gear dealers, the *used*
never-ready cases go for $10-20 (US) depending on condition so I would say
the price is reasonable.

-- John