Re: [OM] Use Series 2 or Beattie screens with OM-1n or 2n?

Subject: Re: [OM] Use Series 2 or Beattie screens with OM-1n or 2n?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 13:30:25 +0800
Yes, the OM 2 series screen is the brightest screen I have ever seen, but it
is too fine and a bit difficult to focus with wider lens (less than 50mm).
The Canon E-C is better balanced but still favor towards the long lenses.
The Beattie I had was very similar to Minolta Acute Matte and I just found
that you can still find the 7000i screens from B&H and it fits on OM cameras
with NO rework (there are two types available the "G" is standard screen and
the "L" is with Grid, both are with same brightness.). The old 7000 screen I
had was a little bit longer and need some trimming.

As a summary of my own opinion on the FCs.

1. The OM 2-4 FC - Excellent for long and small aperture lenses, not so good
for wide.

2. The Canon E-C New Laser Matte - Very good for long and small aperture
lenses, okay for wide.

3. The Minolta Acute matte - Very good for both long and wide lenses.

Actually the above three FCs works very well even with a 2x on my 85-250/F5,
only with the Minolta looks a bit coarse.

C.H.Ling