Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors

Subject: Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors
From: "Jim Loudon" <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 08:28:34 PDT

Hmm, sorry for being offtopic here, but any idea how to get vibrant color
prints? Film suggestions from fellow OMers who may have tested out
differnet emulsions? (for reference, I mean stuff like that's in _NG_.
There's LOTS of grain, so they must use high speed film, perhaps pushed,
but then, speed is inversely proportional to color (right?). Or do they
use slides, scan it, manipulate it and print it?)

NG went on an Ektapress binge a few years ago, but as others have
pointed out, most of the film stock used for the magazine is
transparency film of one sort or another.

Does anyone remember the "Sea Tomato" story by Ned Gilette a few
years back?  The two-page opening shot in that article was shot
with a P&S (Brand N Action Touch, as I recall) on Kodacolor (not
'chrome) 200.  Whatever works...

There's a brief photo faq up on NG's web site.

Back to the question, though, check