[OM] New macro subject

Subject: [OM] New macro subject
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 18:47:27 -0500
Hi, Zuiks.

So...
There I was, pulling weeds in the front yard flowerbed of my father's house in
East Alton, Illinois....

weed... <pull>
weed... <pull>
weed... <pull>
weed... <pull>
weed... <pull>
jack-in-the-pulpit... <puWAIT A MINUTE!!!!

I kid you not, I found THREE of 'em in the flower bed!  They're indigenous to
this area of western Illinois, as we found out on the list a few weeks ago, and
I remember as a child prowling in the woods that make up my dad's back yard and
finding the doggone things in the undergrowth.  These three plants, however, are
growing in full sunlight in front of a wall.  Weird, huh?

I started thinking about how I could get one or two of these plants home to
Florida to use as a macro subject.  After all, I've got a perfectly good Zuiko
50mm macro lens, a 25mm tube, etc. etc. etc.  So , I was wondering if I could
prey on someone here on the list who has more of a green thumb than I to tell me
how to transplant one or two of these things.  I don't think they'll last the
summer in front of a south-facing brick wall, anyway.  I also seem to remember
that they grow from a bulb or corm of some sort.  Thoughts?

regards,

Mahlon